In anticipation of this weekend’s Abergavenny Food Festival and to celebrate some of the local businesses that make Monmouthshire so great for food and drink, here’s a video celebrating Monmouthshire’s food heroes.
Local food blogger Bill King writes the blog ‘Local and Great’ and interviews some of the Monmouthshire food stars who were kind enough to let us visit and film them.
(You may need to boost the volume until we can improve the sound quality of the video – all filmed on a phone!)
The film was made on one day in August and Bill and another local food blogger Rhiân Jacobs, who writes ‘Weekend Wombler’, blog on their experiences of our ‘Monmouthshire foodie roadtrip’:
Monmouthshire is the only county to have won the True Taste Food Tourism Destination in Wales and has one of the UK’s most successful and distinctive food festivals.
Just a few reasons for why we think Monmouthshire is the UK number one food destination include:
- The Abergavenny Food Festival
- The Crown at Whitebrook and The Walnut Tree: I/2 of Wales’s Michelin starred restaurants
- Our people – including our celebrity chefs (and their restaurants) e.g. Matt Tebbutt, Stephen Terry, James Sommerin, Shaun Hill, and all the other dedicated people involved in producing and processing quality ingredients, food and drink products, as well as all those people involved in creating Monmouthshire’s unique food experience.
- Monmouthshire’s inspiring food producing landscape
Add to that the stars of our short film:
- Mike Morgan of Llansantffread Court Hotel (@llchotel), one of the speakers at our back2business week events and very clever man
- James Swift of Trealy Farm, charcuterie extraordinaire
- Wesley Harris and Simon Andrews of the Charthouse Restaurant (@ChartHouseMon), serving some of the finest food in the country
- Phillip Bevan of Ty Mawr Organic, producers of divinely delicious fruit and veg
- Richard Morgan of Tithe Barn, provider of a real community hub and championing local history
What and who have we missed? We’d love to hear your thoughts and suggestions on things that make Monmouthshire the number one place for food!
Posted by Helen in the communications team.